When lit, it indicates that the fast freeze function is active.
The fast freeze function automatically deactivates after
about 50 hours.
The exact conguration of the control panel may vary
according to the model.
BEFORE USING THE APPLIANCE
Your new appliance is designed to be used in the
household and similar applications such as:
- kitchen areas in shops, oces and other working
- farm houses
- by clients in hotels, motels, residences, bed &
The product must only be used to store frozen food, to
freeze fresh food and to make ice.
Regulations require the appliance to be earthed. The
manufacturer declines all liability for injury to persons
or animals and for damage to property resulting
from failure to observe the above procedures and
1.After unpacking, make sure that the appliance is
undamaged and that the door closes perfectly, with the
gasket remaining intact. Any damage must be reported to
your retailer within 24 hours after delivery of the appliance.
2. Wait at least two hours before switching the appliance on
in order to ensure the refrigerant circuit is fully ecient.
3. Installation and electrical connection must be carried out
by a qualied technician, according to the manufacturer’s
instructions and local safety regulations.
4. Clean the inside of the appliance before using it.
• Before connecting the appliance to the mains supply,
ensure that the voltage corresponds to that given on the
rating plate located on the rear of the appliance.
• Electrical connections must be made in accordance
with local regulations.
• Unpack the appliance.
• Remove the 4 spacers inserted between the door
and the appliance. (Fig 3)
• Make sure the defrost water drain plug (if provided) is
correctly positioned (E).
• For optimum appliance operation and to avoid damage
when the door is opened, leave a space of at least 7 cm
from the rear wall and 7 cm at the sides. (Fig. 4)
• Fit the accessories (if provided).
SWITCHING ON THE APPLIANCE
• The appliance is factory set for optimum operation at a
temperature of -18°C.
• Plug in the appliance.
• The green LED lights up (if provided).
• Also the red LED (if provided) will switch on because
the temperature inside the appliance is not yet
suciently low for food storage. The red LED will
normally switch o within the rst six hours after the
appliance is switched on.
• After connecting the appliance to the mains supply and
when the optimal temperature has been reached (this
phase takes about 1 hour during which the lid will not
open), ensure that the fast freeze button is not pressed
(the yellow LED, if provided, is o).
• Place food inside the product only when the red LED
(if provided) has switched o.
• Thanks to the ecient lid seal, the appliance lid will not
re-open easily immediately after closing. Wait a few
minutes before re-opening the lid of the appliance.
Use the thermostat to select the ideal storage temperature.
To adjust the internal temperature, proceed as follows:
• Turn the thermostat knob to 1 for a storage temperature
that is less cold.
• Turn the thermostat knob to 6 for a colder storage
• For partial loads, or when the load indicator is below the
“e” symbol inside the appliance, it is advisable to move
the thermostat to the lower position (on “e”, if present on
the thermostat scale)
Preparation of fresh food for freezing
• Before freezing, wrap and seal fresh food in: aluminium
foil, cling lm, air and water-tight plastic bags,
polyethylene containers with lids, provided they are
suitable for freezing foods.
• Food must be fresh, mature and of prime quality in order
to obtain high quality frozen food.
• Fresh vegetables and fruit should preferably be frozen
as soon as they are picked to maintain the full original
nutritional value, consistency, colour and avour.
• Always leave hot food to cool before placing in the
Freezing fresh food
• Place foods to be frozen in direct contact with the walls
of appliance (Fig. 5):
A) - foods to be frozen,
B) - foods already frozen.
• Avoid placing foods to be frozen in direct contact with
food already frozen.
Number of questions: 0
Do you have a question about the Whirlpool WHM2511 or do you need help? Ask your question here. Provide a clear and comprehensive description of the issue and your question. The more detail you provide for your issue and question, the easier it will be for other Whirlpool WHM2511 owners to properly answer your question.
About the Whirlpool WHM2511
View the manual for the Whirlpool WHM2511 here, for free. This manual comes under the category Freezers and has been rated by 1 people with an average of a 6.1. This manual is available in the following languages: English. Do you have a question about the Whirlpool WHM2511 or do you need help? Ask your question here