wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric
shock, this plug is intended to fit in a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in
the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician to install the proper
outlet. Do not modify the plug in any way.
“When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following.”
“Read all instructions before using this sewing machine.”
To reduce the risk of electric shock:”
“IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS”
1. “This sewing machine should never be left unattended when plugged in. Always unplug this sewing machine from the electric
outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.”
2. “Always unplug before replacing light bulb. Replace bulb with same type rated 15 watts.”
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons: ”
1. “Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when this sewing machine is used by or near children.”
2. “Use this sewing machine only for its intended use as described in this manual. Use only attachments recommended by the
manufacturer as contained in this manual.”
3. “Never operate this sewing machine if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or
damaged, or dropped into water. Return the sewing machine to the nearest authorized dealer or service center for examination,
repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.”
4. “Never operate the sewing machine with any air openings blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the sewing machine and foot
control free from the accumulation of lint, dust, and loose cloth.”
5. “Never drop or insert any object into any opening.”
6. “Do not use outdoors.”
7. “Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.”
8. “To disconnect, turn switch to the off (“0”) position, then remove plug from outlet.”
9. “Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.”
10. “Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is required around the sewing machine needle.”
11. “Never sew with a damaged needle plate as this can cause needle to break.”
12. “Do not use bent needles.”
13. “Do not pull or push fabric while stitching. It may deflect the needle causing it to break.”
14. “Switch the sewing machine off (“0”) when making any adjustments in the needle area, such as threading needle, changing
needle, threading bobbin, or changing presser foot, etc.”
15. “Always unplug sewing machine from the electrical outlet when removing covers, lubricating, or when making any other user
servicing adjustments mentioned in the instruction manual.”
“SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS”
“This product is for household use, or equivalent.”
is a Registered Trademark of The Singer Company Limited.
To reduce risk of injury, switch off before servicing. Close cover before operating machine.”
FOOT CONTROL (USA only)
Use Matsushita Electric, Model 4C-316B with this
This appliance complies with EEC Directive 89/336/EEC covering the electromagnetic compatibility.
Number of questions: 0
Do you have a question about the Singer Excel 2662 or do you need help? Ask your question here. Provide a clear and comprehensive description of the issue and your question. The more detail you provide for your issue and question, the easier it will be for other Singer Excel 2662 owners to properly answer your question.
About the Singer Excel 2662
View the manual for the Singer Excel 2662 here, for free. This manual comes under the category Sewing machines and has been rated by 1 people with an average of a 9.1. This manual is available in the following languages: English, German, Italian. Do you have a question about the Singer Excel 2662 or do you need help? Ask your question here
Below, you will find the most frequently asked questions about the Singer Excel 2662.
What size needle should I use?
Which size of needle you can best use depends on the thickness of the fabric you use. With a thick fabric you should use a thick needle. The packaging of your needle states for which substances your needle is suitable.
How long does a sewing needle last?
Generally, a sewing needle lasts about 7 to 9 hours.
Why does the needle break while sewing?
There can be several causes for needle breakage:
- Not using the right needle for the right fabric
- The needle is set too low
- The fabric is not properly guided
- The bobbin case is not inserted correctly