On this page you find the Oreck XJ-350 manual.
Please read the instructions in this operator manual carefully before using the product.
If you have any questions about your that are not answered in the manual, please share your question in the troubleshooting section on the buttom of this page.
Using the Fabric Shaver
• Plug A/C power adapter into adapter input (Item 5) or use fabric
shaver with batteries (see battery use below).
• Turn fabric shaver on by using the one touch sliding On/Off
switch (Item 1).
Place fabric you wish to renew on flat surface. Holding the device by its handle,
gently move it over the fabric. Pull the fabric as straight as possible to increase
the efficiency of the device and the results of the fabric repair.
• Tuck in exposed threads before shaving wool sweaters or any other
types of fabric to prevent damage.
• Test the fabric shaver on a hidden or inconspicuous area
before using it on the entire fabric surface.
• Do not press the device too hard against the fabric as it may
• It is recommended to put a small amount of lubricating oil on
the inner side of the metal screen cover to allow best possible
operation of the unit. Make sure lubricating oil is not present on
shaver before using to avoid fabric staining.
• After each use, or when storage box is half full, pull out the
storage box (Item 3) and dispose of the fabric shavings inside.
• When efficiency of the device becomes low, open the screen
cover (Item 4) by unscrewing it counter-clockwise. Carefully take out
the cutting blade, then clean the blade and inner compartment with
the soft brush included.
• The device is equipped with a safety switch that will disable
operation when the screen cover is loose or opened.
• Do not use this device to shave easily damaged fabric like
Angolan Fabric. Intricate designs or patterns may be damaged
during shaving process.
To insert batteries for battery use, grab both sides of the storage box at the
bottom of the unit and slide out. Open the cover of the battery compartment upward.
Using four (4) “C” size batteries, install according to positive “+” and negative “-”
signs on battery cover
, and then place cover back and snap shut. Slide the