What You Need
Here's what you'll need to start using your NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro:
1. TV or monitor with HDMI port (HDCP compatible)
2. High-speed HDMI 2.0 cable
3. Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
4. A Google account
Set Up NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro
Here's how to plug in your NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro and connect your controller:
1. Connect your SHIELD TV Pro to your TV with a certified HDMI 2.0 cable.
o Make sure your TV or monitor is off, and plug one end of the HDMI cable into
the HDMI port on the back of your SHIELD. Plug the other end of the cable into
an HDMI port on your TV or receiver.
2. Connect your SHIELD TV Pro to power, using the power cord.
o Plug one end of the power cable into the back of your SHIELD and plug the other
end into a power outlet. SHIELD will automatically power on as you plug it in
and you will see the green light turn on. When you are not using it, it will
automatically go into sleep mode.
3. OPTIONAL: Connect your SHIELD TV Pro to Ethernet. If you do not use an Ethernet
connection, you will have an option during setup to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
4. Turn on your TV and change to the correct HDMI input.
o If you have trouble finding the correct input, check the label on your HDMI ports
on your TV or monitor.
Connecting SHIELD Controller
If you have purchased a new SHIELD TV Pro, the SHIELD Controller is automatically paired with
your SHIELD TV device. Simply press the 'A' button to turn it on.