Health and Safety
• Always locate your appliance away from the edge of the
• Ensure that the appliance is used on a firm, flat surface.
• Do not use the appliance outdoors or near water.
• WARNING: Do not place the appliance onto a metal tray
or metal surface whilst in use.
• Do not let the mains cable hang over the edge of the
worktop where a child could reach it.
• Do not let the mains cable run across an open space e.g.
between a low socket and a table.
• Do not let the mains cable run across a cooker or other
hot area which might damage the cable.
• The mains cable should reach from the socket to the
base unit without straining the connections.
• If the mains cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the
manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified
person in order to avoid a hazard.
• Always keep the top of the cordless base dry, especially
around the connection area, disconnect the power supply
before drying. Allow to dry thoroughly before
reconnection to the power supply.
• Do not fill above the MAX mark, otherwise boiling water
may be ejected.
• Always pour hot water slowly and carefully without
tipping the appliance too fast to prevent splashing and
• WARNING: Do not open the lid whilst the water is boiling.
• Do not hold the switch in the On position or tamper with
the switch to fix it in the On position, as this may cause
damage to the switch-off mechanism.
• Unplug from the outlet before cleaning.
• Allow the kettle to cool before cleaning or
• Do not move the kettle whilst in use.
Other safety considerations
• The use of attachments or tools not recommended or
sold by Morphy Richards, may cause fire, electric shock
• The kettle is only to be used with the cordless base
• Do not use the appliance for any use other than to boil
• The appliance must not be on the base unit when being
filled with water.
• Unplug from the outlet when not in use.
• WARNING: The appliance must not be immersed for
• CAUTION: To prevent damage to the appliance, do not
use alkaline cleaning agents when cleaning. Use a soft
cloth and detergent.
Check that the voltage on the rating plate of your
appliance corresponds with your house electricity supply
which must be A.C. (Alternating Current).
Should the fuse in the mains plug require changing, a 13
amp BS1362 fuse must be fitted.
WARNING: This appliance must be earthed.
The use of any electrical appliance requires the following common sense safety rules.
Please read these instructions carefully before using the product.
This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and
above if thy have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and if they
understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and use maintenance
shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 and
supervised. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of
children aged less than 8 years.
Children shall not play with the appliance.
Appliances can be used by persons with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and
knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the
• This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar
applications such as: farm houses, by clients in hotels, motels
and other residential type environments, and bed and breakfast
type environments. It is not suitable for use in staff kitchen areas
in shops, offices and other working environments.