On this page you find the KIDdesigns DM-M79 manual.
Please read the instructions in this operator manual carefully before using the product.
If you have any questions about your that are not answered in the manual, please share your question in the troubleshooting section on the buttom of this page.
Printed in ChinaDMM79-030912-A
DM-M79 IB Front
324Wmm x 200Hmm
Print in Black color
A Consumer Guide to Product Safety
When used in the directed manner, this unit has been designed and manufactured to ensure
your personal safety. However, improper use can result in potential electrical shock or fire hazards.
Please read all safety and operating instructions carefully before installation and use, and keep
these instructions handy for future reference. Take special note of all warnings listed in these
instructions and on the unit.
1. Water and Moisture – The unit should not be used near water. For example: near a
bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool or in a wet basement.
2. Ventilation – The unit should be situated so that its location or position does not interfere
with its proper ventilation. For example, it should not be situated on a bed, sofa, rug or
similar surface that may block ventilation openings. Also, it should not be placed in a built-in
installation, such as a bookcase or cabinet, which may impede the flow of air through the
3. Heat – The unit should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers,
stoves or other appliances (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
4. Power Sources – The unit should be connected to a power supply only of the type
described in the operating instructions or as marked on the appliance.
5. Power-Cable Protection – Power supply cables should be routed so that they are not
likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them. It is always best
to have a clear area from where the cable exits the unit to where it is plugged into an AC
6. Cleaning – The unit should be cleaned only as recommended. See the Maintenance
section of this manual for cleaning instructions.
7. Objects and Liquid Entry – Care should be taken so that objects do not fall and liquids
are not spilled into any openings or vents located on the product.
8. Attachments – Do not use attachments not recommended by the product manufacturer.
9. Lightning and Power Surge Protection – Unplug the unit from the wall socket and
disconnect the antenna or cable system during a lightning storm or when it is left unattended
and unused for long periods of time. This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning
and power-line surges.
10. Overloading – Do not overload wall sockets, extension cords, or integral convenience
receptacles as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
11. Damage Requiring Service – The unit should be serviced by qualified service personnel
A. the power supply cable or plug has been damaged.
B. objects have fallen into or liquid has been spilled into the enclosure.
C. the unit has been exposed to rain.
D. the unit has been dropped or the enclosure damaged.
E. the unit exhibits a marked change in performance or does not operate normally.
12. Periods of Nonuse – If the unit is to be left unused for an extended period of time, such
as a month or longer, the power cable should be unplugged from the unit to prevent damage
13. Servicing – The user should not attempt to service the unit beyond those methods described
in the user’s operating instructions. Service methods not covered in the operating instructions
should be referred to qualified service personnel.
QUESTIONS? Visit www.ekids.com
• Place the unit on a level surface away from sources of direct sunlight or excessive heat.
• Protect your furniture when placing your unit on a natural wood and lacquered finish. A cloth
or other protective material should be placed between it and the furniture.
• Clean your unit with a soft cloth moistened only with mild soap and water. Stronger cleaning
agents, such as Benzene, thinner or similar materials can damage the surface of the unit.
eKids warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under
normal use and conditions, for a period of 90 days from the date of original purchase.
Should this product fail to function in a satisfactory manner, it is best to first return it to the
store where it was originally purchased. Should this fail to resolve the matter and service still
be required by reason of any defect or malfunction during the warranty period, eKids will
repair or, at its discretion, replace this product without charge (except for a $10.00 charge
for handling, packing, return UPS/postage, and insurance). This decision is subject to
verification of the defect or malfunction upon delivery of this product to the Factory Service
Center listed below. The product must include proof of purchase, including date of purchase.
The fee for service without proof of purchase is $15.00. Before returning this product for
service, please first replace the batteries (if applicable) with fresh ones, as exhausted or
defective batteries are the most common cause of problems encountered.
If service is still required:
1. Remove the batteries (if applicable) and pack the unit in a well padded, heavy corrugated
Enclose a photocopy of your sales receipt, credit card statement, or other proof of the date
of purchase, if within the warranty period.
Enclose a check or money order payable to the order of eKids, for the sum of $10.00 ($15.00
without proof of purchase).
4. Send the unit prepaid and insured, to the Factory Service Center listed below.
Consumer Repair Department
1330 Goodyear Drive
El Paso, TX 79936-6420
Disclaimer of Warranty
NOTE: This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for which it was
designed. It does not cover (i) products which have been damaged by negligence or willful
actions, misuse or accident, or which have been modified or repaired by unauthorized
persons; (ii) cracked or broken cabinets, or units damaged by excessive heat; (iii) damage
to digital media players, CD’s or tape cassettes (if applicable); (iv) the cost of shipping this
product to the Factory Service Center and its return to the owner.
This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and does not extend to owners
of the product other than to the original purchaser. In no event will SDI Technologies or any
of its affiliates, contractors, resellers, their officers, directors, shareholders, members or
agents be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages, any
lost profits, actual, exemplary or punitive damages. (Some states do not allow limitations on
implied warranties or exclusion of consequential damages, so these restrictions may not
apply to you.) This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other
rights which vary from state to state.
Your acknowledgement and agreement to fully and completely abide by the above mentioned
disclaimer of warranty is contractually binding to you upon your transfer of currency (money
order, cashier's check, or credit card) for purchase of your eKids product.