On this page you find the KIDdesigns DJ-M13 manual.
Please read the instructions in this operator manual carefully before using the product.
If you have any questions about your that are not answered in the manual, please share your question in the troubleshooting section on the buttom of this page.
NOTE: THIS UNIT DOES
NOT CHARGE iPOD
2 Headphone Jacks
Limited 90-Day Warranty
MODEL: DMM13,DFM13, DKM13 and DFM13 - Front
size: 215mm x 175mm
July 28, 2011
MODEL: DMM13,DFM13, DKM13 and DFM13 - rear
size: 215mm x 175mm
July 28, 2011
Color: Black, 1c+1c
Warning:Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the
NOTE:This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are
designed to provide resonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency
energy and , if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee
that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined
by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
•Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
• Do not mix with used or other battery types/brands
• Replace all batteries at the same time
• Do not open batteries
• Do not dispose of in fire
• Do not heat above 75ºC (167ºF)
• Do not expose contents to water
• Do not charge or recharge
• Do not install backwards
For models that require more than one battery
Using the Product
Thank you for purchasing this product. Designed to work with your
iPod/MP3 player or any audio device, this system provides high quality
audio that invites your music to come out and play. Please read the
instructions carefully before operating the unit and keep for future
1. Push to open the battery compartment door located on the bottom
inside of the unit.
2. Insert 4 “AA” R6 (UM-3) batteries (not included), checking that the
+ and – ends of the batteries match the drawing inside the battery
compartment. We recommend the use of alkaline batteries for longer
3. Close the battery compartment cover.
For Best Performance
• We recommend the use of alkaline batteries for longer life.
• Do not mix old and new batteries.
• Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable
• Batteries are to be inserted with correct polarity.
• Remove exhausted batteries from the unit.
• Do not attempt to recharge non-rechargeable batteries.
• Remove the rechargeable batteries from the unit before charging.
• The supply terminals are not to be short-circuited.
• Batteries should be removed if the item will not be used for an extended
period of time, such as a month or longer, to prevent battery leakage
• Rechargeable batteries should only be charged under adult
• Only batteries of the same or equivalent type recommended are to be
Listening to an iPod/MP3 player or other audio device
1. Plug the attached audio patchcord located inside the unit into the
headphone or Line-out Jack on your iPod/MP3 or other audio
device. Place device in unit behind retaining strap.
2. Turn on your iPod/MP3 player or other audio device and activate its
3. Press the Power On button located on the front of the unit. Set
desired volume on the audio device.
4. Remember to turn unit OFF when not in use to save
5. For private listening, connect up to two sets of headphones to the
headphone jacks located on the top front of the unit.
Doing so temporarily disables the main speakers.
NOTE: Connected iPhones create audio interference noise when
a call is received. Turn on Airplane mode to disable phone
while playing music.
• Place the unit away from sources of direct sunlight or excessive
• Protect your furniture when placing your unit on a natural wood and
• Clean your unit with a soft cloth moistened only with mild soap and
water. Stronger cleaning agents, such as Benzine, thinner or similar
materials can mar the surface.
QUESTIONS? Visit www.ekids.com
eKids warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and
materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of 90 days from
the date of original purchase.
Should this product fail to function in a satisfactory manner, it is best to
first return it to the store where it was originally purchased. Should this fail
to resolve the matter and service still be required by reason of any defect
or malfunction during the warranty period, eKids will repair or, at its
discretion, replace this product without charge (except for a $10.00 charge
for handling, packing, return UPS/postage, and insurance). This decision
is subject to verification of the defect or malfunction upon delivery of this
product to the Factory Service Center listed below. The product must
include proof of purchase, including date of purchase. The fee for service
without proof of purchase is
$15.00. Before returning this product for service, please first replace the
batteries (if applicable) with fresh ones, as exhausted or defective batteries
are the most common cause of problems encountered.
If service is still required:
1. Remove the batteries (if applicable) and pack the unit in a well padded,
heavy corrugated box.
Enclose a photocopy of your sales receipt, credit card statement, or
other proof of the date of purchase, if within the warranty period.
Enclose a check or money order payable to the order of eKids, for the sum
of $10.00 ($30.00 without proof of purchase).
4. Send the unit prepaid and insured, to the Factory Service Center listed
Consumer Repair Department
1330 Goodyear Drive
El Paso, TX 79936-6420
Disclaimer of Warranty
NOTE: This warranty is valid only if the product is used for the purpose for
which it was designed. It does not cover (i) products which have been
damaged by negligence or willful actions, misuse or accident, or which
have been modified or repaired by unauthorized persons; (ii) cracked or
broken cabinets, or units damaged by excessive heat; (iii) damage to digital
media players, CD’s or tape cassettes (if applicable); (iv) the cost of shipping
this product to the Factory Service Center and its return to the owner.
This warranty is valid only in the United States of America and does not
extend to owners of the product other than to the original purchaser. In
no event will SDI Technologies or any of its affiliates, contractors, resellers,
their officers, directors, shareholders, members or agents be liable to you
or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages, any lost
profits, actual, exemplary or punitive damages. (Some states do not allow
limitations on implied warranties or exclusion of consequential damages,
so these restrictions may not apply to you.) This warranty gives you specific
legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to
Your acknowledgement and agreement to fully and completely abide by
the above mentioned disclaimer of warranty is contractually binding to you
upon your transfer of currency (money order, cashier's check, or credit