Please read these instructions before operating and retain for future reference.
• Ensure that your mains supply voltage is the same as that marked on the underside of
• The appliance is designed and produced for domestic use only. It is not suitable for use in:
- staff kitchens in shops, offices and other workplaces,
- farm houses,
- hotels, motels or other holiday accommodation,
- guest houses.
• To protect against electrical hazards do not immerse the mains lead, plug power base or
kettle in water or any other liquid. Do not use in the bathroom or near any source of water.
Do not use outdoors.
• Do not touch hot surfaces i.e. body or lid. Use handles or knobs.
• Do not remove the lid while the kettle is boiling.
• Take care when pouring - do not over-tilt the kettle as water may enter into the switch mechanism.
• Water can remain hot for a long time after boiling, and can present a scald hazard. Keep
the kettle and the mains lead away from the edge of the work surface and out of the reach
• The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical,
sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been
given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for
their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
• Do not allow the mains lead to hang over the edge of the table or work surface, or anywhere
it may be accidentally caught or tripped over.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children.
• Remove the plug from the mains socket when not in use and before cleaning. Allow the kettle
to cool before cleaning.
• Remove the kettle from its power base before filling.
• Never move the kettle whilst it is in use.
• Do not use the kettle if you have wet hands.
• Keep the kettle, the power base, and the mains lead away from hotplates, hobs or burners.
• Do not use the kettle for any purpose other than heating water. Do not place any utensils into
the kettle. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock or personal injury.
• Never use the kettle without it’s lid.
• Caution: do not operate on an inclined surface
• Do not move while switched on.
• Position the kettle properly on the power base before switching on.
• Use the kettle only with the power base supplied (and vice versa).
• Do not operate this kettle if the mains lead or plug is damaged, if the kettle malfunctions, or
has been damaged in any manner. It must be returned to a service agent for repair or
replacement in order to avoid hazard.
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent in
order to avoid a hazard.
• If the kettle is overfilled, boiling water may overflow.
• Materials and accessories coming into contact with food conform to EC regulation
Failure to observe these cautions may result in damage to the kettle.