When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
• Read all instructions.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles and knobs.
• To protect against re, electrical shock and personal injury, do not immerse cord, plug or appliance in
water or other liquid.
• Never allow the appliance to be used by children.
• Unplug from the outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before tting or taking o
parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
• Do not operate with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged
in any manner. Return the appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or
• The use of accessory attachments or spare parts not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may
result in re, electrical shock or personal injury.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electrical burner, or in a heated oven.
• Plug cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “o”, then remove plug from wall outlet.
• Do not use the appliance for other than the intended use. This appliance is to be utilized for domestic use
only. Any other use is to be considered improper and therefore, dangerous.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of re or electric shock, do not remove the exterior of the unit or the cover.
Don’t attempt to repair or modify the machine, doing so will void the warranty. Repair should be done by
authorized service personnel only!
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
SHORT CORD INSTRUCTIONS
- A short power cord is provided to reduce risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a
- Longer, detachable power supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exer-
cised in their use.
- If an extension cord is used, the marked electrical rating should be at least as great as the electrical rating
of the appliance. If the appliance is provided with 3- wire, grounding type cord, the extension should be
a GROUNDING TYPE 3 - WIRE CORD. The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the
counter-top or table top where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
- Your product is equipped with a polarized alternating current line plug (a plug having one blade wider
than the other). This plug will t into the power outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are
unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail to t,
contact your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized
Number of questions: 1
Do you have a question about the DeLonghi Dedica Style EC 685 or do you need help? Ask your question here. Provide a clear and comprehensive description of the issue and your question. The more detail you provide for your issue and question, the easier it will be for other DeLonghi Dedica Style EC 685 owners to properly answer your question.
Lorraine, 2020-06-02 06:35:22
The 1 cup & 2 cup lights are flashing continuously and won't stop unless I turn the machine off. The steam light is not responding when I push it. What do I need to do to fix please?
View the manual for the DeLonghi Dedica Style EC 685 here, for free. This manual comes under the category Coffee makers and has been rated by 15 people with an average of a 7.4. This manual is available in the following languages: English. Do you have a question about the DeLonghi Dedica Style EC 685 or do you need help?
Below, you will find the most frequently asked questions about the DeLonghi Dedica Style EC 685.
How often should I descale my coffee maker?
How often a coffee machine needs to be descaled depends on how often it is used and the hardness of the water.
If hard water is used it is recommended to descale once a month, if soft water is used once a quarter is sufficient.
What is the best way to descale my coffee maker?
To descale the coffee maker, it is recommended to use a liquid descaling agent which is labelled as suitable for coffee machines.
What is espresso?
Espresso is a small amount of concentrated coffee.
How long can I keep coffee beans?
The best-before date can be found on the packaging of the coffee beans. This best-before date applies as long as the bag is closed.
What is the best way to store coffee?
It is recommended to store coffee in an airtight and clean container.
What does the grind say about the taste of the coffee?
How the coffee beans are ground strongly influences the taste of the coffee. If the coffee beans are very finely ground you will have a stronger taste and if the grind is coarser you will have a milder taste.