SLOW COOKER COMPONENTS
PREPARING YOUR CROCK-POT
SLOW COOKER FOR USE
HOW TO USE YOUR SLOW COOKER
1. Place the stoneware into the heating base, add your ingredients to
the stoneware, and cover with the lid (See Fig. 1).
2. Plug in your Crock-Pot
slow cooker and select the temperature
setting. Refer to your specific recipe for precise cook times.
NOTE: Some models feature a WARM setting. WARM is ONLY for
keeping already cooked food warm. DO NOT cook on the WARM
setting. We do not recommend using the WARM setting for more
than 4 hours.
3. When cooking is done, unplug your slow cooker and allow it to
cool before cleaning.
Lid Lifting Handle
Before you use your slow cooker, remove all packaging components and
wash the lid and stoneware with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
HOW TO USE YOUR SLOW COOKER (CONT.)
• If you suspect that the power has gone out, the food inside may be
unsafe to eat. If you are unaware of how long the power was out,
we suggest you discard the food inside.
• For recipes that require a range of times, select the mid-range time.
For example, for a recipe calling for a cooking time of 7 to 9 hours
on LOW, cook for 8 hours.
• To avoid over or under-cooking, always fill the stoneware
full and conform to recommended cook times.
• Do not overfill stoneware. To prevent spillover, do not fill stoneware
• Always cook with the lid on for the recommended time. Do not
remove the lid during the first two hours of cooking to allow the
heat to build up efficiently.
• Always wear oven mitts when handling the lid or stoneware.
• Unplug when cooking is done and before cleaning.
• Removable stoneware is ovenproof and microwave safe. Do not use
removable stoneware on gas or electric burner or under broiler.
Refer to chart below.
Lid Yes No No No
Yes, but not
in the broiler