This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider
than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock,
this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only
one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet,
reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do
not attempt to modify the plug in any way. If the plug fits loosely into the
AC outlet or if the AC outlet feels warm do not use that outlet.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance is for HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY.
There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Do not attempt to service this product.
A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from
entanglement or tripping over a longer cord. AN EXTENSION CORD MAY BE
USED WITH CARE; HOWEVER, THE MARKED ELECTRICAL RATING SHOULD
BE AT LEAST AS GREAT AS THE ELECTRICAL RATING OF THE SLOW COOKER.
The extension cord should not be allowed to drape over the counter or
tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Some countertop and table surfaces are not
designed to withstand the prolonged heat generated by certain
appliances. Do not set the heated unit on a finished wood table. We
recommend placing a hot pad or trivet under your slow cooker to
prevent possible damage to the surface.
NOTE: During initial use of this appliance, some slight smoke and/or
odor may be detected. This is normal with many heating appliances and
will not recur after a few uses.
NOTE: Please use caution when placing your stoneware on a ceramic or
smooth glass cook top stove, countertop, table, or other surface. Due to
the nature of the stoneware, the rough bottom surface may scratch some
surfaces if caution is not used. Always place protective padding under
stoneware before setting on table or countertop.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always
be followed, including the following:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or
heating base in water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Use oven
mitts or allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the
appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return
appliance to the manufacturer (see warranty) for examination, repair, or
7. Do not use outdoors.
8. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch heated
9. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner or in a heated
10. Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing
hot oil or other hot liquids. Always use oven mitts when moving your
heated slow cooker.
11. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
12. Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as adding refrigerated foods
or cold liquids into a heated pot.
13. To disconnect, press/switch OFF then remove plug from wall outlet.
14. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the
manufacturer may cause injuries.
15. Keep 6 inches clear from the wall and 6 inches clear on all sides.
16. CAUTION: To prevent damage or shock hazard, do not cook directly in
the heating base. Cook only in the stoneware provided.