GREAT BRITAIN • customer service
tel: 0845 300 9799 e-mail: email@example.com internet: www.clasohlson.com/uk
1 6 9
4 GB MP3 Player
Art.no 38-6208 Model MP611
Please read theentire instruction manual before using theproduct and
then save it for future reference. We reserve theright for any errors in
text or images and any necessary changes made to technical data.
In theevent of technical problems or other queries, please contact our
• Never expose theMP3 player to constant sunlight, heat sources,
moisture or rain.
• Do not expose theMP3 player to hard knocks or blows.
• Do not place theMP3 player in your pocket together with other
objects such as keys.
Note: Protect your hearing. Listening on high volume for prolonged
periods can lead to permanent hearing loss.
• TheMP3 player is equipped with avolume limiter which prevents
thevolume from being raised above 85 dB. This is because
listening to continuous loud music for extended periods can cause
permanent hearing loss.
• Thevolume limiter can, however, be temporarily disabled in order to
raise thevolume above 85 dB. Method:
Turning theMP3 player on
• Hold in [ ►ll ] until theLED indicator starts to ﬂash.
• After amoment, theﬁrst music ﬁle will be played. TheLED indicator
ﬂashes slowly when theMP3 player is in play mode.
• Otherwise, play is controlled using thecontrols described in
theButtons and functions section above.
• Hold in [ ►ll ] again to switch theMP3 player off.
Care, maintenance and storage
• Wipe off theMP3 player with adry cloth.
• If theMP3 player is not used for along time, thebattery should
be fully charged every 3rd month in order to maintain its capacity.
• Store theMP3 player in acool, dust-free place if it is not to be
used for along time.
does not start.
• Thebattery might be ﬂat. Recharge thebattery.
• Turn theplayer on by pressing [ ►ll ].
Files cannot be
• Check theconnection between theplayer
• Check that theﬁles that you wish to transfer
are compatible with theplayer.
No sound. • Check thevolume.
• Make sure that theheadphones are intact and
• Is theMP3 player in play mode?
• Is theﬁle undamaged and compatible with
• Reset theplayer to factory default settings
by carefully pressing [ Reset ] on theback of
theplayer with asuitable, pointed object.
This product should be disposed of in accordance with local regulations.
If you are unsure how to proceed, contact your local council.
Memory capacity 4 GB
Do not wear headphones when driving avehicle of
any kind. Doing so could constitute atrafﬁc hazard.
Protect your hearing. Listening on high volume for
prolonged periods can lead to permanent hearing loss.
Buttons and functions
1. 3.5 mm headphone socket
2. LED indicator
3. [ + ] Increase thevolume
4. [ ►ll ] On/off, play/pause.
5. [ - ] Decrease thevolume
6. Mini USB port for charging and music ﬁle transfer
7. [ l◄◄ ] Previous track, hold in for fast rewind
8. [ ►►l ] Next track, hold in for fast forward
9. [ Reset ] Reset theMP3 player to its factory default settings
1. Press [ + ] and raise thevolume until you hear
3 quick beeps (thebeeps will be repeated if
thebutton is held in too long once you have
come to thevolume limit). Wait until thelast 3
beeps have stopped.
2. Press [ ►ll ] using two short presses.
Theplayer will emit two beeps to conﬁrm that
you can raise thevolume above 85 dB.
3. Press [ + ] to raise thevolume.
Note: If after having completed the3 steps
above then lower thevolume below 85 dB or
switch theMP3 player off, thevolume limiter will
be re-enabled. All 3 steps of thelimiter disabling
procedure must be performed again in order to be
able to raise thevolume above 85 dB once more.
Charging thebuilt-in battery
• Fully charge thebattery before using theMP3 player for theﬁrst time.
• Thebattery should also be fully charged before using theMP3
player again after along period of disuse.
• If theMP3 player is not used for along time, thebattery should be
fully charged every 3rd month in order to maintain its capacity.
1. Connect theMP3 player to acomputer (or other USB charger)
using thesupplied USB lead. TheLED indicator will show asteady
red to indicate that charging is in progress.
2. Full charge is achieved after about 5 hours. TheLED indicator will
show asteady blue when thebattery is fully charged.
1. Connect theMP3 player to acomputer using thesupplied USB lead.
2. Transfer ﬁles from thecomputer to theMP3 player in thenormal
way for your operating system.