Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety
precautions should always be followed, including the
❍ Read all instructions.
❍ Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
❍ To protect against electric shock do not immerse cord,
plugs or appliance in water or other liquid.
❍ Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is
used by or near children.
❍ Unplug from outlet when not in use and before
cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off
parts, and before cleaning the appliance.
❍ Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has
been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the
nearest authorized service facility for examination,
repair or adjustment. Or, call the appropriate toll-free
number on the cover of this manual.
❍ The use of accessory attachments not recommended
by the appliance manufacturer may cause injuries.
❍ Do not use outdoors.
❍ Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter,
or touch hot surfaces.
❍ Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner,
or in a heated oven.
❍ Extreme caution must be used when moving an
appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
❍ Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord
into the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to
OFF, then remove plug from wall outlet.
❍ Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
This product is for household use only.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than
the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is
intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug
does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does
not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify
the plug in any way.
a) A short power-supply cord (or detachable power-supply
cord) is to be provided to reduce the risk resulting from
becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
b) Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension
cords are available and may be used if care is exercised
in their use.
c) If a long detachable power-supply cord or extension cord
1) The marked electrical rating of the detachable power-
supply cord or extension cord should be at least as
great as the electrical rating of the appliance,
2) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension
cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord, and
3) The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not
drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be
pulled on by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power supply cord is damaged, it should be
replaced by qualified personnel; in the US, by an authorized
How to Use
This appliance is for household use only.
BEFORE FIRST USE
• Wash griddle in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. DO
NOT IMMERSE THE UNIT IN WATER UNLESS PROBE HAS BEEN
Caution: Probe receptacle must always be completely dry
USING THE CLICK AND LOCK THERMOSTAT PROBE
This griddle comes with a removable thermostat probe that securely
locks into place.
• To attach the probe, hold down the “Release” button, and move the
“Lock” lever into the vertical, unlocked position.
• Slide the probe into the probe receptacle on the griddle.
• To lock the thermostat, slide the “Lock” lever down to the
horizontal position, until it clicks securely into place.
• To remove the probe, hold the “Release” button, and slide the
“Lock” lever into the vertical, unlocked position. The probe can now
be removed from the griddle.
1. Lock the thermostat probe into probe receptacle by following the
instructions above in the “Using the Click and Lock Thermostat
Probe” section of this manual, and plug the cord into a standard
2. Turn the heat setting to the desired temperature. The signal light
will come on to indicate the unit is heating.
3. When the signal light goes out, the unit is ready.
4. Signal light will cycle on and off during cooking as the unit
operates to maintain the desired temperature.
Caution: Because some countertop finishes are more affected by
heat than others, use care not to place griddle on surfaces where
heat may cause a problem.
Caution: Griddle surface is hot during use.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to
qualified service personnel.
1. Unplug, remove probe and allow the unit to COOL completely
2. Wipe probe with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. DO NOT
IMMERSE PROBE IN WATER.
3. Wash unit in hot, soapy water. DO NOT IMMERSE THE UNIT IN
WATER UNLESS PROBE HAS BEEN REMOVED.
4. Do not use steel wool pads or other abrasive cleaners on the
cooking surface as they may damage the non-stick coating.
To remove cooked-on food, use a plastic bristle brush or nylon
1. To avoid damaging the nonstick surface, do not use sharp utensils
or cut food on the cooking surface of the unit. Use silicone, heat-
resistant rubber or wooden utensils.
2. To keep foods from sticking, you may want to add oil to the cooking
surface before each use or use a cooking spray.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call
the appropriate 800 number in front of this sheet. Please DO NOT
return the product to the place of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail
product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a service center. You may
also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this manual.
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however,
Applica’s liability will not exceed the purchase price of product.
For how long?
• Two years from the date of original purchase with proof of such
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is
either new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or
call toll-free 1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• Damage from commercial use
• Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modiﬁed in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however,
that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of
consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not
apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you speciﬁc legal rights. You may also have
other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
is a registered trademark of The Black & Decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA
Made and Printed in People’s Republic of China
Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
Register your product at www.prodprotect.com/applica
8 SErvinG nOnStick ELEctric GriDDLE
1. Nonstick cooking surface
† 2. Slide-out drip tray (Part #GD2011-01)
3. Excess grease drain
4. Probe receptacle
† 5. Click and Lock removable adjustable thermostat
6. Temperature ready light
7. Cool-touch base
Note: † indicates consumer replaceable/removable parts
© 2012 Applica Consumer Products, Inc.