4. Use the paper pattern to cut the skirt pieces. Cut two pieces from the fold of your fabric.
5. Wind the bobbin and thread the machine with the all-purpose thread to match the fabrics.
6. Sew one side using a 5/8” seam allowance.
7. On the other side seam, baste along the side seam for 7”. This will be for the zipper. Sew
the remaining section of the side seam.
8. Press the seam open.
9. Attach the zipper foot to the sewing machine.
10. Align the zipper under the basted section of the side seam. Adjust the needle position if
needed so the needle does not hit the zipper teeth. Sew from the top down one side along
the zipper teeth, across the bottom and up the other side keeping the stitching distance
even on both sides of the seam.
11. Change to the regular presser foot.
12. To finish the hem, fold the edge under 1/4” and under again 1/4”. Topstitch to form a small
13. To finish off the waist line, stitch the grosgrain ribbon to the top edge of the skirt on the
14. Fold the grosgrain ribbon to the right side of the fabric, press and pin in place. Topstitch
along the lower edge of the ribbon to secure.
15. At the zipper, fold the ends of the ribbon over to the wrong side of the skirt and stitch to
16. Using a hand needle and thread, stitch a hook and eye at the top of the zipper through the
17. Add accents such as ribbons and trims to the skirt by pinning them in the desired location
and topstitch in place.
For other exciting projects like this one, visit our website at www.totallystitchin.net or www.babylock.com
Folded Fabric Width is 22”
Pattern Waist #
Pattern Length #
Place on fabric fold
Baby Lock Consumer Helpline: 800-313-4110
BL50A_short version.indd 1-25/22/2013 2:14:07 PM
Number of questions: 1
Do you have a question about the Baby Lock Rachel BL50A or do you need help? Ask your question here. Provide a clear and comprehensive description of the issue and your question. The more detail you provide for your issue and question, the easier it will be for other Baby Lock Rachel BL50A owners to properly answer your question.
About the Baby Lock Rachel BL50A
View the manual for the Baby Lock Rachel BL50A here, for free. This manual comes under the category Sewing machines and has been rated by 1 people with an average of a 9.2. This manual is available in the following languages: English. Do you have a question about the Baby Lock Rachel BL50A or do you need help? Ask your question here
Below, you will find the most frequently asked questions about the Baby Lock Rachel BL50A.
What size needle should I use?
Which size of needle you can best use depends on the thickness of the fabric you use. With a thick fabric you should use a thick needle. The packaging of your needle states for which substances your needle is suitable.
How long does a sewing needle last?
Generally, a sewing needle lasts about 7 to 9 hours.
Why does the needle break while sewing?
There can be several causes for needle breakage:
- Not using the right needle for the right fabric
- The needle is set too low
- The fabric is not properly guided
- The bobbin case is not inserted correctly